Summer Undergraduate Research Program - KBS
The National Science Foundation funds a Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program at Kellogg Biological Station near Kalamazoo, MI entitled “Ecological & Evolutionary Dynamics in a Changing World" that gives students an opportunity to conduct full-time research in collaboration with outstanding faculty, postdocs, and graduate students.
All REU positions offer a generous stipend, FREE room and board at KBS, up to $550 towards travel costs, and up to $250 for research supplies.
What are the benefits of an REU at KBS?
- Join a dynamic group of students and faculty for an authentic field research experience
- Learn the process of research: reading the literature, formulating questions and hypotheses, designing a study, collecting and analyzing data, and presenting results as a research poster
- Explore if a career in research is the right choice
- Build references for applications to graduate school or other professional programs
- Participate in professional development seminars to think broadly about STEM career options
The applications for the 2023 summer program is now closed.
If you have questions about the program or application process, please email KBSsummer@kbs.msu.edu.
For more information, visit the official program page.