Research Associate (Postdoc)
The post-doctoral scientist will carry out research for the Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center (GLBRC), with the duty to identify the genetic basis of the bioenergy crop switchgrass' traits that are relevant for its productivity in marginal lands. The employee will use machine learning computational biology to carry out this research and works alongside other postdocs as well as undergraduate and graduate students and other scientists within the center.
The successful candidate will engage in a research program with a multi-disciplinary team in connecting genotypes with phenotypes, integrating multi-omics data, and applied Artificial Intelligence and machine learning-based approaches to improve switchgrass as a biofuel feedstock.
Required Degree: Doctorate - Plant Science related field; Bioinformatics
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, or plant science related fields
- Experiences with omics analysis pipeline with published works; managing computational biology projects with published works; strong programming background in any language.
Desired Qualifications: Experiences with artificial intelligence and machine learning; strong organization, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- A two-page cover letter explaining how you are suitable for the position
- A current resume with information on education background, publication, teaching experience, awards and/or grants, outreach experiences,
- Name and contact information for at least three references.
MSU Together-we-will Statement: The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Application Instructions: Please provide a two-page cover letter describing relevant skills and how you are suitable for the position; current resume/CV; and contact information for three references. All applications must be submitted through the MSU Careers Website. To access this posting, please use this link: https://careers.msu.edu/en-us/job/510458/research-associatefixed-term to complete application, attach cover letter and resume, and provide contact information for your references.